Procedures for Reporting Positive COVID cases in children
We hope that you all stay safe and well, but if your child becomes unwell there are some things we need you to do.
The school retains some responsibility regarding the Test and Trace system. There are two possible scenarios and actions as outlined below.
1. My child had COVID symptoms, AND was in school prior to symptoms starting, AND has now tested POSITIVE
ACTION: Please follow strict isolation guidelines as shared by Track and Trace and in addition email email@example.com letting us know the following:
- Name of child and class they are in
- Date of test – which was subsequently returned as POSITIVE
- Date that symptoms first showed
- Confirmation of the amount of days they were in school prior to symptoms showing
- Contact name and telephone number
A member of the senior team may be in contact with you. Any other children and staff required to self-isolate will be informed via email.
2. My child has COVID symptoms but has not attended school for at least the last 2 days.
ACTION: Follow Government guidelines relating to isolation and testing.
- If a POSITIVE test is confirmed, please inform the school by emailing the details to firstname.lastname@example.org – including the date that symptoms first showed and the date of the test, so that we can adjust any home learning packs as needed
- Please let us know if you require any additional support in any way and we shall endeavour to assist
- Please inform us when your child has recovered and is well enough to resume their education or if your child remains unwell