At our core we are a Christian community. Our Christian ethos means that we welcome equally people of all faiths, and those of none. We model for the children the values of love and respect and charity – and believe that these are evident to every visitor to our school. We want our children to remember their time with us with joy and to leave us with a thirst for learning which will sustain them throughout their lives.
“The headteacher is an inspirational leader. She has established a highly positive ethos which has helped to drive improvement since the last inspection.”
Find out more
To help you gain a fuller picture of our school we encourage you to:
- Explore our website fully and read our Newsletters
- Contact Us to arrange a visit
- Attend our Open day and Open evening held in November each year. Please see the Calendar for details
- Download a copy of our Prospectus
So what do you need to do if you wish to join our school? Well first of all you have to apply!
- Read our Admissions Policy for entry in September 2020 Year R and Year 3 which gives detailed information about our admissions criteria and the steps needed to make an application.
- Double check where your address is in relation to the school and the Ecclesiastical Parishes mentioned in the admissions criteria by looking at the Ecclesiastical parish boundaries map. (The school itself is located in the parish of Oxted, St Mary The Virgin but the buildings happen to be obscured on the parish boundaries map by the word “Virgin”!)
- Look at our Supplementary Application Form for entry in September 2020 if your application will be via Church allegiance. Or the Supplementary Form for Teachers for entry in September 2020 if you are a teacher at our school.
These documents are also available from the school office.
All applications need to be made via the Surrey County Council website.
If you need to apply for a place outside of the usual admissions period (eg: if you move into the area or you wish to change schools) please use the Admissions Policy that applies to the school year you are applying in and please use the in-year application form with Surrey County Council.
- Admissions Policy for in-year admission during school year 2019-20
- Supplementary Application Form for in-year admission during the school year 2019
- Supplementary Application Form for children of Teachers for in-year admission during the school year 2019
- Admissions Policy for in-year admission during school year 2018-19 for Years 3-6
- Admissions Policy for in-year admission during school year 2018-19 for Reception-Year 2
- Please phone the school office for an application form or visit the Surrey County Council website. The application form can be found at the bottom of the page (CMA – Centrally Managed Form).
- The completed form is submitted to Surrey County Council who will pass your details on to the school.
- If we do not have any places available when we receive your application form you can ask to be added to the waiting list for the relevant year group.
Despite the fact that we are usually oversubscribed, there is often some movement in the availability of places between the initial offer date and the start of the new school year and at later dates (eg: vacancies arise from time to time when families move away or if they decide not to take up a place they have applied for).
- We operate a waiting list (held in the school office) for families that would like a place when one becomes available.
- If you are not initially offered a place and would like to be kept on the waiting list please Contact Us
- When a place becomes available in a year group, the applicants on the waiting list will be considered according to the published admissions criteria to determine which potential pupil is eligible to be offered the next place.
Please note that since the order of the waiting list is determined by the admissions criteria applied to all children on the list rather than by date of request a child’s place on the list may be subject to change.
If you are not offered a place at the school and feel the admissions criteria have not been applied correctly or your circumstances are exceptional, you do have the right to appeal against the decision.
Please see the appeals timetable on our website to find the closing date for appeals to be lodged in the Summer Term so that they are heard before the term ends.
You should lodge your appeal with the appeals service at Surrey County Council and they will liaise with the school to arrange the appeal on a convenient date at the school.